- Adherence, Diversion and Misuse of Sublingual Buprenorphine
- A Guide to Comprehensive Hepatitis C Counseling and Testing
- Alabama AMA Opioid Toolbox – A Health Care Professional’s Toolbox to Reverse the Opioid Epidemic
- Buprenorphine Induction
- Business Pulse: Opioid Overdose Epidemic | CDC Foundation
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Opioid Misuse Strategy 2016
- Childbirth, Breastfeeding and Infant Care: Methadone and Buprenorphine
- Clinical Guidance for Treating Pregnant and Parenting Women With Opioid Use Disorder and Their Infants
- Clinically Relevant Drug Interactions: Buprenorphine or Methadone with Other Frequently Prescribed Drugs
- Clinical Use of Extended-Release Injectable Naltrexone in the Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder: A Brief Guide
- Management of Psychiatric Medications in Patients Receiving Buprenorphine/Naloxone
- Medication for the Treatment of Alcohol Use Disorder: A Brief Guide
- Monitoring of Liver Function Tests and Hepatitis in Patients Receiving Buprenorphine/Naloxone
- Monitoring of Liver Function Tests in Patients Receiving Naltrexone or Extended-Release Naltrexone
- Off-Label Use of Sublingual Buprenorphine and Buprenorphine/Naloxone for Pain
- Physician Billing for Office-Based Treatment of opioid use disorder
- Pregnancy and Buprenorphine Treatment
- Pregnancy: Methadone and Buprenorphine
- Psychosocial Aspects of Treatment in Patients Receiving Buprenorphine/Naloxone
- Rhode Island AMA Opioid Toolbox – A Health Care Professional’s Toolbox to Reverse the Opioid Epidemic
- Transfer from Methadone to Buprenorphine
- Treatment of Acute Pain in Patients Receiving Buprenorphine/Naloxone
- Treatment of Opioid Dependent Adolescents and Young Adults Using Sublingual Buprenorphine
- Sample Buprenorphine Patient Information
- Sample Buprenorphine Information for Family Members
- Resources For More Information About Buprenorphine
- Sample Intake Questionnaire
- Sample Initial Patient Contact About Buprenorphine
- Sample Medical History and PE Form
- Sample 1 Treatment Agreement
- Sample 2 Treatment Agreement
- Sample 3 Treatment Agreement
- Sample 4 Treatment Agreement
Drug Accountability Forms (if dosing in office)
- Progress Note Example
- Protocol for Follow-up Appointments
- Follow Up Appointments
- Billing Information
Notification of Intent
- Tip 43: Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Addiction in Opioid Treatment Programs
- TIP 63: Medications for Opioid Use Disorder
- Arfken, CL., Johanson, CE., Menza, S., Schuster, CR., Expanding treatment capacity for opioid use disorder with office-based treatment with buprenorphine: National surveys of physicians. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment 39, 96-104. 2010.
- Ling W., Charuvastra C., Kaim S.C., Klett J. Methadyl acetate and methadone as maintenance treatments for heroin addicts. Arch Gen Psychiatry 33:709-720, 1976.
- Ball J.C., Ross A. The Effectiveness of Methadone Maintenance Treatment. Springer-Verlag, New York, 1991; pages 166-168; 181-182.
- Maxwell J, McCance-Katz EF: Indicators of methadone and buprenorphine use and abuse: What do we know? Am J Addict, 19:73-88, 2010.
- Metzger D.S., Woody G., McLellan A. T., et al. Human immunodeficiency virus seroconversion among intravenous drug users in- and out-of-treatment: an 18 month prospective follow-up. J Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome 6(9): 1049-1056, 1993.
- Buprenorphine: Combatting Drug Abuse with a Unique Opioid. Cowan A., Lewis J.W. (eds), Wiley-Liss, New York, 1995.
- Cheskin L.J., Fudala P.J., Johnson R.E. A controlled comparison of buprenorphine and clonidine for acute detoxification from opioids. Drug Alcohol Depend 36:115-121, 1994.
- Cowan, A., Buprenorphine: the basic pharmacology revisited. J Addict Med. 1(2) 68-72. 2007.
- Doxey J.C., Everitt J.E., Frank L.W., MacKenzie J.E. A comparison of the effects of buprenorphine and morphine on the blood gases of conscious rats. Br J Pharmacol 75(S):118P, 1982.
- Eissenberg T., Greenwald M.K., Johnson R.E., Liebson I.A., Bigelow G.E., Stitzer M.L. Buprenorphineâ€™s physical dependence potential: antagonist-precipitated withdrawal in humans. J Pharmacol Exp Ther276:449-459, 1996.
- American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry
- American Osteopathic Academy of Addiction Medicine
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Association for the Treatment of opioid use disorder
- American Society for Addiction Medicine
- Addiction Technology Transfer Center
- Buprenorphine Physician Locator
- California Academy of Family Physicians
- CDC HIV Screening Standard Care Resource Center
- Family Resource Center
- Federation of State Medical Boards Model Policy Guideline
- The Mental Health & Substance Use Disorder Parity Task Force – Final Report
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- National Institute on Mental Health
- Providers’ Clinical Support System for Opioid Therapies
- SAMHSA Buprenorphine Site
- Treatment Improvement Exchange (CSAT)