- This event has passed.
Presenter(s): Megan Filoramo, MSN, APN-C, Pain Management NP, Educator and Nurse Coach, NJ Pain Consultants/Altair Health
Target Audience: This activity is designed for nurses, nurse practitioners, physicians, physical therapists, and psychologists.
Webinar Description: Compassionate weaning of opioids should include both pharmacological and emotional support. There are options for both slow tapers and abrupt cessation and selection should be based on individualized patient needs and on a shared decision making model. This process should include not only a clear outline of the treatment plan but also alternative treatments for the pain, appropriate pharmacologic treatment of withdrawal symptoms, frequent patient re-evaluation and revision of the plan as needed. To adequately support the patient through this process, it is critical that the patients understand the weaning does not equate abandonment by their clinical team. Opioid tapering does not need to contribute to patient suffering.
- Identify 3 pharmacologic approaches to weaning opioids
- Describe what a shared decision making model looks like in the setting of opioid weaning
- List 3 components of emotional support necessary for patient success with weaning
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate.
- View the recorded webinar.
- Click “Survey” and answer the questions to the best of your ability. Upon completion of this survey, it will unlock and allow you to proceed to the final course evaluation.
- Click “Evaluation” to complete the final PCSS course evaluation.
- Follow instructions at the end of the course regarding how to retrieve a certificate.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email [email protected] or call (855) 227-2776.
Note: This archive webinar is not designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.