- This event has passed.
Presenter(s): Andrea Wetshtein, PharmD, BCPS, CPE, Grant Medical Center; Michelle Meyer, PharmD, BCPS, BCNSP, OhioHealth
Target Audience: Physicians, Nurses, Advanced Practice Providers will benefit from this discussion as it will review currently available MOUD options and discuss treatment options for acute pain crisis in this patient population. Management of pain in this patient population can be challenging due to opioid contracts signed with MOUD contracts so this presentation will discuss multimodal analgesia as a means to reduce patients’ pain while allowing for ongoing management of their SUD.
Webinar description: This webinar will include an overview of MOUD: the components of MOUD, the pharmacology of the medications (methadone, buprenorphine-naloxone, and naltrexone), clinical pearls of each medication, legal considerations for inpatient providers, and strategies for managing acute pain crisis in patients with OUD. Opioid dosing strategies as well as non-opioid management of acute pain crisis, including the use of ketamine, will be discussed. The learner will be able further their practice skills through participation in several interactive case studies focusing on each MOUD medication.
- Review the pharmacology of currently available MOUD options.
- Discuss options for treating acute pain with opioids in patients on MOUD.
- Describe non-opioid options and dosing for treating pain in patients on MOUD.
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
Thank you for viewing our archived webinar. In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate of Completion.
- View the recorded webinar and return to the web page that listed the webinar recording link. By viewing the full presentation it will unlock and allow you to proceed to the evaluation.
- Click “Evaluation” and answer the questions to the best of your ability. Upon completion, you will receive a verification code on the last page of the survey.
- Copy the verification code located on the last page of the survey and paste it into its designated component on the original web page to claim your certificate.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email or call (855) 227-2776.
Note: This archive webinar is not designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.