- This event has passed.
Presenter(s): Joanna L. Starrels, MD, MS, Assistant Professor of Medicine at Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center in Bronx, NY
About the webinar: Two tools that healthcare providers may use to promote both safety and compliance regarding opioid prescriptions are written patient agreements and urine drug tests. Written patient agreements, when used correctly, foster good communication with the patient by explaining the overall goals, treatment plan, responsibilities of both the patient and the healthcare provider, and conditions for discontinuing use of opioids as a treatment plan. Urine drug tests identify undisclosed drug use and confirm adherence to prescribed opioids, however, interpreting results of opioid testing is sometimes complex. This presentation will provide guidelines to help healthcare providers use these two tools effectively.
- Describe current guidelines and evidence about using treatment agreements and urine drug testing for patients with chronic pain.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with patients about expectations about prescribing opioid therapy.
- Illustrate appropriate ordering of urine drug tests and interpreting the results.
PC-based attendees Required: Windows® 8, 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
Mac®-based attendees Required: Mac OS® X 10
Mobile attendees: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
Thank you for viewing our archived webinar. In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate of Completion.
- Click the “Watch Now” button above and follow the on-screen prompts.
- View the recorded webinar and return to the web page that listed the webinar recording link.
- Click “Continue” to move to the next page.
- Select “Yes” to attest that you have viewed the recording in its entirety.
- Click “Complete Course” and you will be directed to our thank you page.
- Click the “Click here to continue” link to complete the evaluation.
- Upon completion of the evaluation, you will receive your Certificate of Completion via email.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email or call (855) 227-2776.