- This event has passed.
CDR Jinhee Lee, PharmD | Senior Pharmacy Advisor, Division of Pharmacologic Therapies, Center for Substance Abuse Treatment, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Federal regulations recently made a significant change to the number of patients qualified buprenorphine prescribers can treat. Now what?
Whether you have already received a waiver to prescribe to 100 patients, or you are just getting started in the process of obtaining a waiver to prescribe, you need to know how to navigate this exciting development.
This session will provide an overview of the new regulation, address the qualifications necessary to be approved for the higher patient limit, explain new reporting requirements, and define a “qualified practice setting.”
- Describe the the new federal regulation to increase buprenorphine patient limits
- Identify the qualifications necessary to be approved for the higher patient limit
- Explain new reporting requirements, and define a “qualified practice setting”
The American Psychiatric Association (APA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The APA designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
How to obtain your CME Credit/Certificate of Completion
CME Credit Certificates or Certificates of Completion are available to those who complete an evaluation. Please follow the instructions below to access the session recording and claim credit through the APA Learning Center:
- Go to: http://apapsy.ch/bupe-patient-limits-archived
- Login to your existing APA account or create a new account if you don’t already have one
- Click “Access Activity”
- Select your certificate type and confirm your choice via the pop-up window (Note: You may need to disable pop-up blockers)
- Review the Activity Overview and CE Information sections
- Click “Purchase”. This course is free, but you must still complete the checkout process.
- From your order confirmation page, select “Access Course”
- Complete the View Content, Quiz, and Evaluation sections
- Select and Save the number of credits on the Certificate section and review your certificate.