View Presentation Slides
Presenter(s): Mehran Mehrabi, DMD, MD
Chairside Pain Management Discussion Chairside Pain Management Checklist
Target Audience: This activity is designed for for Dentists, Administrative Staff, Physicians, Social Workers, Students and Educators, and Interprofessional Teams.
Credit Designations Available: 1 CE
Webinar Description: Many older people have a variety of systemic diseases that have an impact on their oral health care. Analgesic medications may be part of a patient’s comprehensive treatment plan for relieving pain.
Pain management in older, medically complex patients requires special considerations. As physiologic, cognitive, and social factors change, so does the approach to patient centered management of oral healthcare. Dentists prescribing opioids for pain management has evolved but increased awareness to identify misuse, specifically by older adults is needed.
- Describe special considerations for treating older adults, assessing their pain and interpreting their health status.
- Review risk factors for opioid toxicity in older adults.
- Review opioid misuse in older adult population.
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate.
- View the recorded webinar.
- Click “Survey” and answer the questions to the best of your ability. Upon completion of this survey, it will unlock and allow you to proceed to the final course evaluation.
- Click “Evaluation” to complete the final PCSS course evaluation.
- Follow instructions at the end of the course regarding how to retrieve a certificate.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email [email protected] or call (855) 227-2776.
Note: This archive webinar is not designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.