- This event has passed.
Presenter(s): Laura P. Bamford, MD, MSCE, Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine, Perlman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Target Audience: This activity was developed to meet the needs of Nurse Practitioners and Nurses caring for clients with substance use disorders.
Webinar description: This presentation will specifically focus on HIV and other medical conditions that result from IV drug use. Specific attention will be paid to the treatment of HIV in this population and prevention strategies including PrEP as a prevention strategy for contracting HIV.
At the conclusion of this activity, learners should be able to:
- Describe the epidemiology of the opioid crisis
- Discuss the complications of injection drug use
- Describe tools to combat the opioid crisis and the complications of injection drug use
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
Thank you for viewing our archived webinar. In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate of Completion.
- View the recorded webinar and return to the web page that listed the webinar recording link. By viewing the full presentation it will unlock and allow you to proceed to the evaluation.
- Click “Evaluation” and answer the questions to the best of your ability. Upon completion, you will receive a verification code on the last page of the survey.
- Copy the verification code located on the last page of the survey and paste it into its designated component on the original web page to claim your certificate.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email or call (855) 227-2776.
Note: This archive webinar is not designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.