- This event has passed.
Presenter(s): Wilson M. Compton, M.D., M.P.E., Deputy Director, National Institute on Drug Abuse; Martha J. Somerman, DDS, PhD, Director - National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research; Brad Rindal, DDS, Senior research investigator and associate dental director for research, HealthPartners Dental Group
Webinar description: This webinar will present an overview of the opioid crisis, how addiction is a chronic brain disease, and how NIH is addressing the issues through research. It will specifically recognize challenges associated with dental procedure pain management in the context of the opioid crisis. address the efforts of the HEAL Initiative and brief the participants on the National Dental Practice-Based Network and ongoing/completed studies related to dental pain management/opioid prescribing studies.
- Understand how addiction is a chronic brain disease and how NIH is addressing the issues through research.
- Recognize and provide solutions to the challenges associated with dental procedure pain management in the context of the opioid crisis.
- Discuss the National Dental Practice-Based Network and their ongoing/completed studies related to dental pain management/opioid prescribing studies.
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
Thank you for viewing our archived webinar. In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate of Completion.
- View the recorded webinar and return to the web page that listed the webinar recording link. By viewing the full presentation it will unlock and allow you to proceed to the evaluation.
- Click “Evaluation” and answer the questions to the best of your ability. Upon completion, you will receive a verification code on the last page of the survey.
- Copy the verification code located on the last page of the survey and paste it into its designated component on the original web page to claim your certificate.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email or call (855) 227-2776.
Note: This archive webinar is not designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.