- This event has passed.
Presenter(s): William Morrone, DO
About the webinar: The need to Rebalance the gap between opioid dependence and available prescribers resulted in SAMHSA increasing the DATA 2000 patient limit (from 100 to 275). Opioid dependence is increasingly common and can be difficult to treat. Although substituted opioids are frequently used to treat opioid dependence in medication assisted therapy (MAT), evidence showing long-term benefits need to balance conditions and credentials. Opioids are associated with important adverse effects that require mitigation. Opioids need to be relocated as assisting psychosocial therapy because there has not been hard-links to recognized evidenced based guidelines.
This webinar provides clinicians with an approach to using (according to CDC guidelines) and stopping opioids (when indicated) in pain that emphasizes the need to consider opioids only within an overall pain management plan that addresses psychosocial contributors to pain, recognizes that opioids are not first-line treatment for chronic pain and may not be appropriate in all patients, utilizes non-opioid treatments, and routinely incorporates risk mitigation (including naloxone) and reassessment strategies.
The webinar closes with a summary of President Obama’s 3 point plan, CDC guidelines, the new 275 limit and proposed procedural steps to stop opioids fitting like a puzzle.
- Understand the SNPRM increased “275 limit” highlights
- Establish evidence of the US capacity-treatment gap
- Integrate stopping opioids into all treatment options
- Activate CDC guidelines to mobilize treatment options
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
Thank you for viewing our archived webinar. In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate of Completion.
- Click the “Watch Now” button above and follow the on-screen prompts.
- View the recorded webinar and return to the web page that listed the webinar recording link.
- Click “Continue” to move to the next page.
- Select “Yes” to attest that you have viewed the recording in its entirety.
- Click “Complete Course” and you will be directed to our thank you page.
- Click the “Click here to continue” link to complete the evaluation.
- Upon completion of the evaluation, you will receive your Certificate of Completion via email.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email or call (855) 227-2776.
Note: This archive webinar is not designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.