- This event has passed.
Presenter(s): Paul Arnstein, PhD, RN-BC, FAAN, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Massachusetts General Hospital; Deborah Gentile, PhD, RN-BC, Senior Research Scientist, Advocate Aurora Health
Target Audience: Physicians, Nurses, Advanced Practice Providers, and Physician Assistants
Webinar description: This webinar will discuss the rationale for moving away from establishing and evaluating a pain treatment on the basis of a numeric rating scale value to one that takes into account pain tolerability and the impact its treatment has on functioning. Validation of the Functional Pain Scale, its acceptability to patients and professionals, and next steps to change the conversation about pain will be explored.
- Describe how methods of assessing / reassessing may contribute to the safety and efficacy of a pain treatment plan.
- Explain the validity and reliability of the Functional Pain Scale as developed and limitations if used in different populations or settings.
- Determine the next steps needed to advance related research, training, and clinical practice.
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
Thank you for viewing our archived webinar. In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate of Completion.
- View the recorded webinar and return to the web page that listed the webinar recording link. By viewing the full presentation it will unlock and allow you to proceed to the evaluation.
- Click “Evaluation” and answer the questions to the best of your ability. Upon completion, you will receive a verification code on the last page of the survey.
- Copy the verification code located on the last page of the survey and paste it into its designated component on the original web page to claim your certificate.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email or call (855) 227-2776.
Note: This archive webinar is not designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.