- This event has passed.
Presenter(s): Debra Drew, MS, ACNS-BC, RN-BC, AP-PMN, Clinical Specialist, University of Minnesota Medical Center
Webinar description: Any nurse who attends to a patient in pain will find this content helpful as they think about what constitutes a complete pain assessment, the role that pain assessment tools play, and the purpose of assessment in the optimal management of pain.
This webinar will provide a historical and contextual background for the use of current and future pain assessment tools and the role of assessment in guiding clinical decision making.
- List one advantage and disadvantage of simple pain intensity scales.
- List two common features of tools that include a measure of functionality.
- Describe how complete pain assessments can guide clinical decision-making.
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
Thank you for viewing our archived webinar. In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate of Completion.
- Click the “Watch Now” button above and follow the on-screen prompts.
- View the recorded webinar and return to the web page that listed the webinar recording link.
- Click “Next” to move to the next page.
- Select “Yes” to attest that you have viewed the recording in its entirety to advance to the evaluation.
- Upon completion of the evaluation, you will receive your Certificate of Completion via email.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email or call (855) 227-2776.
Note: This archive webinar is not designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.