- This event has passed.
Presenter(s): Katrina Hedberg MD, MPH (Oregon Medical Association)
Target Audience: This activity was developed to meet the needs of physicians and physician assistants practicing in the state of Oregon.
Webinar Description: Oregon, along with other states in the US, has experienced the tragedy of the overdose epidemic. The epidemic includes overdoses and deaths from illicit and prescription opioids as well as from psychostimulants (methamphetamine, cocaine, etc). A new comprehensive toolkit and accompanying webinar are now available for Oregon physicians, physician assistants and other clinicians to illustrate our progress as well as the continuing challenge of overdoses and the need to better address substance use disorder.
The “Reversing the Overdose Epidemic in Oregon” toolkit contains current data; critical state and national guidance for safer prescribing; information on Oregon’s prescription drug monitoring program (PDMP); resources for harm reduction, overdose prevention; and resources for substance use disorder treatment and recovery. The toolkit will be available in the upcoming weeks.
Both the toolkit and webinar were developed by the Oregon Medical Association in collaboration with the American Medical Association and with funding from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) through the Provider Clinical Support System (PCSS).
- Describe current trends in the overdose epidemic and the Oregon Health Authority data dashboard
- Identify ways to help make pain treatment safer and more effective, emphasizing non-opioid and non-pharmaceutical treatments
- Demonstrate tools to reduce harms for people taking opioids
- Discover resources for treatment of substance use disorders
Continuing Education Information:
- View the recorded webinar and return to the web page that lists the webinar recording link. By viewing the full presentation it will unlock and allow you to proceed to the evaluation.
- Click “Evaluation” and answer the questions to the best of your ability. Upon completion of this survey, you will be directed to PCSS to claim your certificate.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (855) 227-2776.
Note: This archive webinar is not designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.