- This event has passed.
Presenter(s): Stephen Hays, MD, FAAP
About the webinar: Pain is a common feature of chronic medical conditions in children, rational management of which often requires an interdisciplinary multi-modal approach. Numerous non-pharmacologic interventions and non-opioid medications may be effective, potentially reducing requirement for opioid. Chronic opioid may be appropriate in some settings, but is associated with significant inherent risk and frequently daunting regulatory logistics. This webinar, the fourth in a series of 6 sponsored by the American Academy of Pediatrics, will review management strategies and therapeutic options for rational pain management in children with chronic medical conditions.
- Review types of pain experienced by children with chronic medical conditions.
- Discuss non-opioid options for pharmacologic analgesia in children with chronic pain.
- Describe the reasonable goals of therapy and appropriate ongoing control measures for children on chronic opioid.
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
Thank you for viewing our archived webinar. In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate of Completion.
- Click the “Watch Now” button above and follow the on-screen prompts.
- View the recorded webinar and return to the web page that listed the webinar recording link.
- Click “Continue” to move to the next page.
- Select “Yes” to attest that you have viewed the recording in its entirety.
- Click “Complete Course” and you will be directed to the thank you page.
- Click the “Click here to continue” link to complete the evaluation. Note: You will receive your Certificate of Completion from AAP within 3 – 5 business days.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email Renee Jarrett at firstname.lastname@example.org.