- This event has passed.
Presenter(s): William Lorman, JD, PhD, RN, APRN, PMHNP-BC, CARN-AP, FIAAN
About the webinar: Patients who suffer from a pain syndrome have a right to be pain-free, even those suffering from an addictive disorder. The issue is not whether or not to use opiate analgesics, the issue is how to best manage their administration. This program will provide an understanding of the neurobiology of addiction and pain, and how to properly manage the patient. A case study will be presented demonstrating the problems and issues surrounding such management.
- Describe the final common pathway for reward and pleasure.
- List the types of pain and pain signals.
- Differentiate between pseudoaddiction, addiction and physical dependence
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
Thank you for viewing our archived webinar. In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate of Completion.
- Click the “Watch Now” button above and follow the on-screen prompts.
- View the recorded webinar and return to the web page that listed the webinar recording link.
- Click “Continue” to move to the next page.
- Select “Yes” to attest that you have viewed the recording in its entirety.
- Click “Complete Course” and you will be directed to our thank you page.
- Click the “Click here to continue” link to complete the evaluation.
- Upon completion of the evaluation, you will receive your Certificate of Completion via email.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email or call (855) 227-2776.