- This event has passed.
Presenter(s): Scott Winiecki, MD, Team Lead, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Professional Affairs and Stakeholder Engagement Staff, Safe Use Team, Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
Webinar description: This webinar will focus on the current state of the opioid crisis, including deaths from prescription and illicit opioids, prescribing trends, and steps being taken to address the crisis. The role of the FDA and state Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs will be discussed. Recent publications on appropriate prescribing as related to dentistry will be reviewed. Future actions, as recommended by several expert panels, will be presented. Finally, the webinar will cover safe disposal of unused medication, in order to decrease the risk of diversion and misuse.
- Review the current scope of the opioid crisis
- Discuss FDA’s priorities and actions related to opioids
- Discuss recent publications on opioids that relate to dentistry
- Discuss the findings of several recent expert panels
- Review safe disposal of unused medications
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
Thank you for viewing our archived webinar. In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate of Completion.
- Click the “Watch Now” button above and follow the on-screen prompts.
- View the recorded webinar and return to the web page that listed the webinar recording link.
- Click “Next” to move to the next page.
- Select “Yes” to attest that you have viewed the recording in its entirety to advance to the evaluation.
- Upon completion of the evaluation, you will receive your Certificate of Completion via email.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email or call (855) 227-2776.
Note: This archive webinar is not designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.