- This event has passed.
Presenter(s): Angela Colistra, PhD, MS, BS, LPC, CAADC, CCS, Assistant Clinical Professor, Counseling and Family Therapy Department, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
Webinar description: Many techniques have been tried over time to see what is most effective in treating patients with Substance Use Disorders. Motivational Interviewing has been quite effective in not only treating these clients but many other clients with other chronic illnesses as well. This webinar will discuss Motivational Enhancement Techniques to assist clinicians in treating patients with opioid substance use disorders.
- Discuss and apply the basic principles of motivational enhancements techniques such as expressing empathy, developing discrepancies, rolling with resistance, and supporting self-efficacy.
- Review the styles and traps of using the motivational enhancement techniques and how to recognize and avoid falling into the common practitioner traps with patients.
- Explore and understand integration of these skills into primary care practices.
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
Thank you for viewing our archived webinar. In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate of Completion.
- View the recorded webinar and return to the web page that listed the webinar recording link. By viewing the full presentation it will unlock and allow you to proceed to the evaluation.
- Click “Evaluation” and answer the questions to the best of your ability. Upon completion, you will receive a verification code on the last page of the survey.
- Copy the verification code located on the last page of the survey and paste it into its designated component on the original web page to claim your certificate.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email or call (855) 227-2776.
Note: This archive webinar is not designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.