- This event has passed.
Presenter(s): Kathleen Bradbury-Golas, DNP, RN, APRN, ACNS-BC, Associate Professor of Nursing, Drexel University, College of Nursing and Health Professions, Philadelphia, PA
Target Audience: This activity was developed to meet the needs of Nurse Practitioners and Nurses caring for clients with substance use disorders.
Webinar Description: Secondary to the opioid epidemic in the United States, more and more states are now mandating continuing education on pain management and opioids for initial licensure and licensure renewal for nurse practitioners and nurse practitioner students. This presentation will specifically focus on development of an on-line educational program on pain management and opioid education for nurse practitioners and nurse practitioner students. The Board of Nursing in Pennsylvania now has state mandated requirements for education on pain management and opioid education for initial licensure and re-licensure of nurse practitioners. Drexel University, College of Nursing & Health Professions developed a curriculum to meet the mandated required hours of education. This presentation will discuss curriculum development and content of the modules as well as the state approval process.
- Identify the steps to creating an online pain management/opiate education module for NP students.
- Review statistics of a created program.
- Discuss the requirements for continuing education for Advanced Practice Nurses and students to initiate/renew licensure.
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
Thank you for viewing our archived webinar. In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate of Completion.
- View the recorded webinar and return to the web page that listed the webinar recording link. By viewing the full presentation it will unlock and allow you to proceed to the evaluation.
- Click “Evaluation” and answer the questions to the best of your ability. Upon completion, you will receive a verification code on the last page of the survey.
- Copy the verification code located on the last page of the survey and paste it into its designated component on the original web page to claim your certificate.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email or call (855) 227-2776.
Note: This archive webinar is not designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.