- This event has passed.
Presenter(s): Richard S. Harold, DMD, BS (Pharmacy), JD
About the webinar: Proper implementation of prescription writing skills is a critical aspect of patient care in today’s climate of opioid abuse and enhanced prescribing regulations. The attendee will learn about the history of pain management and dentistry’s responsibility in combating the prescription drug epidemic. The basics of choosing proper analgesics are reviewed so that the attendee will understand the standards of care as they pertain to pain management. Attendees will obtain a better understanding of addiction and substance abuse problems and be better prepared to manage and counsel high-risk patients.
- Review analgesic prescribing principles in connection with the management of acute dental pain
- Recognize aberrant behavior in the drug seeking patient
- Understand the history of the prescription opioid epidemic and dentistry’s role in combating substance abuse
- Understand the legal issues involved in prescribing opioids
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
Thank you for viewing our archived webinar. In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate of Completion.
- Click the “Watch Now” button above and follow the on-screen prompts.
- View the recorded webinar and return to the web page that listed the webinar recording link.
- Click “Continue” to move to the next page.
- Select “Yes” to attest that you have viewed the recording in its entirety.
- Click “Complete Course” and you will be directed to our thank you page.
- Click the “Click here to continue” link to complete the evaluation.
- Upon completion of the evaluation, you will receive your Certificate of Completion via email.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email or call (855) 227-2776.
Note: This archive webinar is not designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.