- This event has passed.
Presenter(s): Debbie Dowell, MD, MPH; Paul A. Moore, DMD, PhD, MPH
Webinar description: This webinar will offer a speaker from the US Centers for Disease Control and the American Dental Association. During this webinar, participants will hear an overview of the CDC’s treatment for chronic pain recommendations and how those recommendations can be applied to management of acute pain. Participants will learn when and how opioids should be initiated for pain, how to assess risk and address harms of opioid use, when and how opioids should be discontinued, and how non-opioid strategies can be employed in dental practices that can improve the efficacy of acute postoperative pain management. Alternative strategies may decrease the reliance on prescription opioid pain relievers following dental surgery.
- Describe the epidemiology and public health burden of the opioid overdose epidemic in the United States.
- Discuss CDC and ADA guidance for safer prescribing of opioids.
- Describe available clinical tools to aid in safer prescribing of opioids.
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
Thank you for viewing our archived webinar. In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate of Completion.
- Click the “Watch Now” button above and follow the on-screen prompts.
- View the recorded webinar and return to the web page that listed the webinar recording link.
- Click “Next” to move to the next page.
- Select “Yes” to attest that you have viewed the recording in its entirety to advance to the evaluation.
- Upon completion of the evaluation, you will receive your Certificate of Completion via email.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email or call (855) 227-2776.
Note: This archive webinar is not designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.