- This event has passed.
Presenter(s): James Paul Seale, MD, Professor and Director of Research, Dept. of Family Medicine, Medical Center of Central Georgia and Mercer University School of Medicine, Macon, GA
About the webinar: The United States is experiencing an epidemic of opioid drug overdose deaths. In response to this national health crisis, 49 states have set up Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs (PDMP) designed to reduce excessive prescribing, identify fraud and forgeries, reduce doctor shopping, reduce excessive prescribing, reduce multiple medications/interactions, identify abuse /addiction and support clinical decision making. This seminar offers healthcare providers an overview of PDMP guidelines, their strengths and limitations, and practical guidelines on how to best utilize information provided by PDMPs in clinical practice.
- Describe PDMP (Prescription Drug Monitoring Program) essential features/functions
- Discuss PDMP limitations and interstate variability
- Describe use of the PDMP to enhance patient safety in a variety of clinical settings
- Discuss regulatory mandates that may govern PDMP utilization in different states
- Discuss regional challenges to PDMP utilization
PC-based attendees Required: Windows® 8, 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
Mac®-based attendees Required: Mac OS® X 10
Mobile attendees: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
Thank you for viewing our archived webinar. In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate of Completion.
- Click the “Watch Now” button above and follow the on-screen prompts.
- View the recorded webinar and return to the web page that listed the webinar recording link.
- Click “Continue” to move to the next page.
- Select “Yes” to attest that you have viewed the recording in its entirety.
- Click “Complete Course” and you will be directed to our thank you page.
- Click the “Click here to continue” link to complete the evaluation.
- Upon completion of the evaluation, you will receive your Certificate of Completion via email.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email or call (855) 227-2776.