- This event has passed.
Presenter(s): David A. Fiellin, MD, Professor of Medicine, Investigative Medicine and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine and John A. Renner, Jr., MD, Professor of Psychiatry, Boston University School of Medicine; Director of Addiction Psychiatry Residency Program, VA Boston Healthcare System & Boston University Medical Center
About the webinar: This Q and A webinar will further discuss Drs. Fiellin and Renner’s 9/15/15 presentation and will allow participants of the live and archived webinar to pose questions to Drs. Fiellin and Renner; they will also present a few cases related to this topic and address questions that could not be answered during the 9/15/15 session.
Drs. Fiellin and Renner’s 9/15/15 presentation reviewed existing models for taper and detoxification, assessing the quality of research evaluations of such treatments, and contrasting outcomes with maintenance.
View the 9/15/15 webinar recording and presentation slides here.
- Describe the rationale for maintenance therapy.
- Describe the symptoms of opioid withdrawal.
- Describe the comparative effectiveness of opioid agonist maintenance vs. taper treatment.
- Describe the relapse, overdose and psychiatric considerations associated with buprenorphine taper.
PC-based attendees: Windows® 8, 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
Mac®-based attendees: Mac OS® X 10.6 or newer
Mobile attendees: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android™ tablet
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
Thank you for viewing our archived webinar. In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate of Completion.
- Click the “Watch Now” button above and follow the on-screen prompts.
- View the recorded webinar and return to the web page that listed the webinar recording link.
- Click “Continue” to move to the next page.
- Select “Yes” to attest that you have viewed the recording in its entirety.
- Click “Complete Course” and you will be directed to our thank you page.
- Click the “Click here to continue” link to complete the evaluation.
- Upon completion of the evaluation, you will receive your Certificate of Completion via email.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email or call (855) 227-2776.