Presenter(s): Loren T. Miller, Associate Section Chief of the Policy and Liaison Section in the Drug Enforcement Administration’s Diversion Control Division
Webinar description: The presentation will briefly touch on the depth of the opioid crisis, the closed system of distribution enforced by the DEA and the practitioner’s role in the closed system and sources of diversion.
- Recognize that controlled substances are most commonly abused
- Describe the Closed System of Distribution Enforced by the DEA
- Explain the importance of inventories, records, reports, and inspections
- Recognize and prevent common methods of diversion
- Identify resources available to practitioners
Continuing education information: The American Dental Association is an ADA CERP recognized provider. This program offers 1 hour of continuing education. Please note this program does not qualify for CME units.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.