- This event has passed.
Presenter(s): Mary Milano Carter, MS, ANP-BC, RN-BC, Nurse Practitioner, Chronic Pain Service, North Shore University Hospital/ Northwell Health
Terry Grimes, PhDc, FNP-BC, RN-BC, CCRN, Nurse Practitioner, Integrative Pain NP, Mather Hospital Northwell Health
Target Audience: Prescribers and clinicians such as Advanced Practice nurses, Registered Nurses, Physician Assistants who work with clients who are prescribed opiates in the work setting.
The content will benefit attendees in a clearer understanding of the treatment of the patient in pain within today’s environment of opioid epidemic. Content regarding drug toxicology methods and results are detailed through factual information and followed with case studies to reinforce clinical application. The content is especially valuable in today’s need to balance opioid misuse and overdose with appropriate pain management.
The presentation will review the latest federal and examples of state guidelines for providing pain management in the current environment of opioid misuse and overdose with best practices to initiate and continue a plan of treatment.
- Differentiate between various drug testing methodologies
- Through a case study format, learn the intricacies of interpreting complex toxicology testing results
- Provide guidelines of expert monitoring for safe opioid prescribing
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
Thank you for viewing our archived webinar. In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate of Completion.
- View the recorded webinar and return to the web page that listed the webinar recording link. By viewing the full presentation it will unlock and allow you to proceed to the evaluation.
- Click “Evaluation” and answer the questions to the best of your ability. Upon completion, you will receive a verification code on the last page of the survey.
- Copy the verification code located on the last page of the survey and paste it into its designated component on the original web page to claim your certificate.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email or call (855) 227-2776.
Note: This archive webinar is not designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.