- This event has passed.
Presenter(s): Ann Quinlan Colwell, PhD, RNC, AHNBC, DAAPM, PhD Pain Management Clinical Nurse Specialist, New Hanover Regional Medical Center; Joseph Pino, MD, MHA, Executive Director, SEAHEC, VP of Graduate Medical Education, NHRMC; Olivia Herndon, MA, Director Mental Health and Public Health, SEAHEC, NHRMC
Webinar description: The Port City community is known for its beautiful beaches and boardwalks, historic river-walk district, and the largest domestic television and movie production facility outside of California. In April of 2016, the city of Wilmington also became known for something else; the top city in the nation for opioid misuse.
When CastLight health published the survey naming Wilmington as the top city in the nation for opioid misuse, the community responded with an opiate harm reduction initiative focused on a system’s approach. Through stakeholder needs assessments, education, advocacy in legislation, and systems and infrastructure bridge building, this initiative has engaged leadership from various sectors to develop innovative strategies and models that are saving lives.
- Describe impact of opioid epidemic in North Carolina and southeastern North Carolina.
- Describe components required build a collaborative response to a community problem.
- Identify efforts and initiatives being implemented to combat the opioid epidemic in southeastern North Carolina.
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
Thank you for viewing our archived webinar. In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate of Completion.
- Click the “Watch Now” button above and follow the on-screen prompts.
- View the recorded webinar and return to the web page that listed the webinar recording link.
- Click “Next” to move to the next page.
- Select “Yes” to attest that you have viewed the recording in its entirety to advance to the evaluation.
- Upon completion of the evaluation, you will receive your Certificate of Completion via email.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email or call (855) 227-2776.
Note: This archive webinar is not designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.