- This event has passed.
Presenter(s): Allen Masry, MD Psychiatrist Recovery Centers of America at Lighthouse, Mays Landing, NJ
Target Audience: This activity is primarily for nurses.
Webinar description: Many patients presenting for treatment for opioid and substance use disorders today have both psychiatric and medical co-morbidities. Many patients are also on varying psychiatric medications. Some patients stop taking their medications on their own. This presents challenges to the medical provider in treating these patients. Providers need to gain knowledge in the diagnosis and management of common psychiatric conditions in patients with substance use disorders especially during the medical detoxification phase. This webinar will provide information on the most common psychiatric co-morbidities seen in this patient population.
- Describe the most common psychiatric conditions seen in patients with opioid and substance use disorders.
- Describe medications that are utilized to treat these conditions.
- Discuss the challenges to treatment in this patient population.
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
Thank you for viewing our archived webinar. In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate of Completion.
- View the recorded webinar and return to the web page that listed the webinar recording link. By viewing the full presentation it will unlock and allow you to proceed to the evaluation.
- Click “Evaluation” and answer the questions to the best of your ability. Upon completion, you will receive a verification code on the last page of the survey.
- Copy the verification code located on the last page of the survey and paste it into its designated component on the original web page to claim your certificate.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email or call (855) 227-2776.
Note: This archive webinar is not designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.