- This event has passed.
Presenter(s): Martin D. Cheatle, PhD I Associate Professor and Director, Pain and Chemical Dependency Program, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
About the webinar: Over the past decade there has been a significant increase in the prescribing of opioids for chronic non-cancer pain which has been paralleled by an increase in opioid related deaths and admissions to treatment facilities for opioid abuse. A great deal of scholarly activity has been devoted to developing risk assessment and mitigation strategies to curb the burgeoning opioid epidemic while preserving patients right to pain relief including the use of guidelines. This seminar will discuss the evolution of the opioid prescribing guidelines, review the latest CDC guideline and examine the challenges in translating the guideline into real-world clinical practice.
- Explain the differences between the various opioid prescribing guidelines.
- Describe at least two challenges in applying guidelines into practice.
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
Thank you for viewing our archived webinar. In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate of Completion.
- Click the “Watch Now” button above and follow the on-screen prompts.
- View the recorded webinar and return to the web page that listed the webinar recording link.
- Click “Continue” to move to the next page.
- Select “Yes” to attest that you have viewed the recording in its entirety.
- Click “Complete Course” and you will be directed to our thank you page.
- Click the “Click here to continue” link to complete the evaluation.
- Upon completion of the evaluation, you will receive your Certificate of Completion via email.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email or call (855) 227-2776.
Note: This archive webinar is not designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.