- This event has passed.
Presenter(s): Marian Wilson, PhD, MPH, RN-BC, Washington State University and Terence McCarthy, MD, Head of Emergency Medicine, Vice Chair Clinical Sciences at Texas Christian University and University of North Texas Medical School
Webinar description: The webinar will share results from a recent research study which explored relationships between opioid prescribing practices and patient satisfaction scores among patients with high utilization of the emergency department for pain relief. Practical hands-on skills for healthcare workers will be offered for effective communication and screening tools will be provided that can be used to identify patient needs.
- Recognize determinants of patient satisfaction for emergency department encounters involving frequent visitors with pain complaints.
- Identify appropriate screening strategies to assist in proper diagnosis and treatment care plans.
- Understand the importance of prioritizing personalized care for patients with pain complaints in a fast-paced environment.
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
Thank you for viewing our archived webinar. In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate of Completion.
- Click the “Watch Now” button above and follow the on-screen prompts.
- View the recorded webinar and return to the web page that listed the webinar recording link.
- Click “Next” to move to the next page.
- Select “Yes” to attest that you have viewed the recording in its entirety to advance to the evaluation.
- Upon completion of the evaluation, you will receive your Certificate of Completion via email.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email or call (855) 227-2776.
Note: This archive webinar is not designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.