- This event has passed.
Presenter(s): James Paul Seale, MD, Professor and Director of Research, Dept. of Family Medicine, Medical Center of Central Georgia and Mercer University School of Medicine, Macon, GA
About the webinar: Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) is a comprehensive and integrated approach to delivering early intervention and treatment services to persons with substance use disorders and those at risk. Patients with chronic non-malignant pain who are on opioid maintenance therapy often become dependent on opioids, and may also demonstrate behaviors that suggest an opioid use disorder. This webinar will share a novel SBIRT approach that equips clinicians to screen chronic pain patients to assess potential opioid risk, use a monitoring framework for patients on opioid therapy to assess response to opioids and track concerning behaviors, perform brief interventions that may assist patients in resolving concerning behaviors, and refer patients who need more intensive pain or addiction therapy.
Additional webinar materials:
- Bifold Opioid Intervention Card
- Opioid Risk Tool
- Opioid Treatment Agreement
- Sample Pain Assessment Note
- Describe negative consequences that may occur in patients who receives prescriptions for opioid medication.
- Construct an initial assessment and baseline measurement of a patient requesting opioid therapy.
- Use a monitoring framework to protect the safety of patients receiving ongoing opioid therapy.
- Treat concerning behaviors of patients on chronic opioid therapy.
PC-based attendees Required: Windows® 8, 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
Mac®-based attendees Required: Mac OS® X 10
Mobile attendees: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
Thank you for viewing our archived webinar. In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate of Completion.
- Click the “Watch Now” button above and follow the on-screen prompts.
- View the recorded webinar and return to the web page that listed the webinar recording link.
- Click “Continue” to move to the next page.
- Select “Yes” to attest that you have viewed the recording in its entirety.
- Click “Complete Course” and you will be directed to our thank you page.
- Click the “Click here to continue” link to complete the evaluation.
- Upon completion of the evaluation, you will receive your Certificate of Completion via email.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email or call (855) 227-2776.