- This event has passed.
Presenter(s): Ann Quinlan-Colwell, PhD, AHNC, RN-BC, New Hanover Regional Medical Center and Sarah Arthur, MSW, LCSW, New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Our country is facing an opioid crisis. The patients discussed in this webinar present with serious medical conditions and substance use disorders. The Code Outreach Special Team (COST) is a multi-disciplinary approach that borrows from outpatient substance abuse models to treat this hospitalized population. It ensures consistent and supportive care during a prolonged hospital admission and connects patients to necessary services once their antibiotic therapy has ended. This presentation will outline the development and components of the program as well as how to implement this in other facilities in conjunction with community partners.
- Describe the process through which an innovative intervention was developed to support and assist patients in this group.
- Identify challenges that exist in providing support and assistance to these patients.
- Identify and describe the multi-modal interventions to best support and assist this group of patients.
How to obtain your Certificate of Completion:
Thank you for viewing our archived webinar. In order to document your participation in the training, please follow the steps below to obtain your Certificate of Completion.
- View the recorded webinar and return to the web page that listed the webinar recording link. By viewing the full presentation it will unlock and allow you to proceed to the evaluation.
- Click “Evaluation” and answer the questions to the best of your ability. Upon completion, you will receive a verification code on the last page of the survey.
- Copy the verification code located on the last page of the survey and paste it into its designated component on the original web page to claim your certificate.
- If you have any questions or you do not receive your certificate, please email or call (855) 227-2776.
Note: This archive webinar is not designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.