Timothy Fong, MD | Associate Professor of Psychiatry, UCLA School of Medicine; Director, UCLA Addiction Psychiatry Fellowship
Sponsoring organization: American Psychiatric Association (APA)
Clinical Vignette Description: There is a lack of knowledge and understanding among physicians on how opiate use disorders can occur and present in clinical situations with anxiety disorder. This creates a gap between identification and intervention of opiate use disorders and causes a lack of awareness and understanding of the common clinical issues that are associated with using buprenorphine. This course is a case-based vignette highlighting a common and typical scenario of how opiate use disorders presents in a general psychiatric setting.
- Increase knowledge and understanding of how opiate use disorders can occur and present in clinical situations with anxiety disorders
- Describe the use of buprenorphine in a case of opiate use disorders and anxiety disorders
- Increase awareness and understanding of the common clinical issues that are associated with using buprenorphine
Accreditation: The American Psychiatric Association (APA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation: The APA designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
How to obtain your CME Credit/Certificate of Completion:
CME Credit Certificates or Certificates of Completion are available to those who complete an evaluation. Please follow the instructions below to obtain your certificate:
- Go to http://apapsy.ch/Not-What-You-Think
- LOG IN with Existing Account or CREATE a New Account
- Enable pop-ups
- Select your statement of credit type, click Submit, acknowledge your selection on the pop-up by clicking “OK”
- Review the Activity Overview, click Next
- Review the CE Information, click Next
- Click Purchase (This is a free product. You will be re-directed into the shopping cart in the same browser/tab window, and will need to follow the prompts provided to complete your transaction.)
- After you reach the order confirmation page; return and refresh the page at http://apapsy.ch/Not-What-You-Think
- Click View Content, read the instructions provided, then click on each hyperlink to view the material, click Next to continue
- Complete the APA Evaluation, click Submit and then Next
- Click the button to print your Certificate
For questions regarding this activity, please contact APA staff: firstname.lastname@example.org