Roger Chou, MD
This Course Overview Management of Chronic Pain: A Core Curriculum for Primary Care Providers provides a brief overview of the core curriculum and what learners can expect when they participate in the course. It is not designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
- Identify key features and mitigating factors in the development of chronic pain
- Indicate basic mechanisms of chronic pain
- Recognize how to safely and effectively prescribe opioids in a primary care setting
- Describe keys to effective communication about pain
- Describe the fundamentals of opioid risk assessment
- Summarize the basics of pain management in special populations like pregnancy, adolescents, people with substance use disorders